“If you cannot tell the truth about yourself, you cannot tell it about other people.” – Virginia Wolfe (who nobody is afraid of)
I love writing and love telling stories. And I do this very well. I am the author of ten full length screenplays, several spec TV scripts, and two full length plays. And in 2015, I made a thirty-plus year long dream come true when I published my novel Written in the Stone.
That book was a lifelong dream come true. It was the climax of five years of planning and three years of actual writing.
Midway through the writing process of Written in the Stone, I hit a snag. I ran up against a brick wall. This was late January of 2014.
I hadn’t written a decent word in months. I had gained a bunch of weight. And I was stuck in a dead end job. This was a job I did very well, but a job with no future.
Through my process of clock punching and blinking cursor staring, I found life coaching. I worked with my original coach for better than two years, but here’s what we created in our first five months working together:
- I was no longer in that job. That wasn’t really my choice. The program I was working for got cancelled. But I was no longer in the job.
- I lost ten pounds just by putting my wellbeing first.
- I started making plans to move to either Los Angeles or New York to pursue my author career.
- I finished the first draft of Written in the Stone.
Keep this in mind, I did the work. I worked hard. The coaching relationship helped me see that I had things in the way and we created ways around and through the obstacles.
Oddly, I stumbled onto coaching quite by accident. It all started with a blog post.
I'd love to tell you about it one day. It proves that coaching isn't magic...but it is. (wait, what?)
Coaching has been a beautiful gift to me. So much so that I made the decision to become a coach myself.
- Do you want to bust through barriers and obstacles?
- Do you have a talent you want to nurture, but don’t know how?
- Are you interested in creating the life of your dreams? A life of your own design?
Coaching isn’t therapy or counseling. It’s way more!
We partner with your essential being to create goals and hold you accountable. I’ll bring a sense of humor, a loving heart, and a safe space to our relationship.
Coaching can shift your life into high gear! You ready?
I currently live near Dothan, Alabama with my dog and partner in crime Pete. In my spare time I love working out, movies, video games, and my Alabama Crimson Tide.